- Reception and Access
(a) All members must present their student card to the instructor at the commencement of each class.
(b) Members to advise of any change of address and phone number.
- General Conditions of Entry
(a) myBJJ reserves the right to refuse entry, or request any person to leave
the premises if the person is
(i) abusive or uses offensive language or whose behavior is threatening or
(ii) is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
To ensure the Academy is able to provide a high level of service in a safe,
healthy and pleasant environment for all, we ask our members to comply
with these conditions.
- Class Participation Conditions
(a) For safety reasons, if you are late for class, wait for permission from the instructor before joining class.
(b) For safety reasons, if you leave class early, you must notify the instructor before leaving.
(c) Fingernails and toenails must be kept short for safety and hygiene reasons.
(d) Wash your uniform after EVERY class- a dirty uniform is a sign of disrespect.
(e) All students must wear the school patches on their uniforms.
(f) Remove all metal objects, jewelry, piercings and necklaces before joining a class.
This agreement is subject to a 14-day cooling off period.
(a) Cooling Off Period:
(i) The cooling off period commences at the close of business on the day of agreement signing.
(ii) The cooling off period is 14 days
(iii) Money for fees already paid will not be refunded, however, no additional fees will be charged after a cancellation made during the cooling off period.
(iv) All cancellations must be made in writing.
(b) Permanent Disability:
(i) Upon providing written advice of a permanent disability or serious illness, along with a letter from a medical practitioner, myBJJ may agree to cancel the membership at no extra cost.
(ii) Money for fees already paid will not be refunded.
(c) Cancellation of Membership before Minimum Term:
30 days notice must be given in writing in order to cancel membership prior to the minimum period, during which time, the total monthly fee will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- Transfer of Membership by the Member
Memberships are not transferable.
- Additional fees for Special Services
Some services require an additional fee. These include but are not limited to: Private Tuition, Seminars, Competitions.
- Damages to the Academy
Any member who willfully or through negligence damages the Academy or its property will be liable to pay for the damage. Members are responsible for damages caused by their guests and children.
- Service Demand
myBJJ reserves the right to change the hours of opening and closing, or alter class timetables in accordance with demand.
- Student Property
(a) myBJJ accepts no responsibility for any student property under any circumstances, whether lost, damaged or stolen. Items are brought to the academy at your own risk.
(b) Bags must be stored in the shelving provided, and are not to be left in change rooms.
(c) All students must take all of their belongings with them when leaving the academy. This includes drink bottles, clothing, towels, bags etc.
- Damage & Personal Injury
To the extent permitted by law, myBJJ excludes any liability to the Customer in contract, tort, statute or in any other way for any injury, damage or loss of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, any liability for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage), sustained by the Customer and/or any other person, or for any costs, charges or expenses incurred by the Customer, arising from or in connection with the Membership Agreement and/or the services/products provided by myBJJ, and/or any act of omission of myBJJ.
(a) Memberships may be suspended for a period of 2 weeks or more at no additional cost, however, the balance of the membership will carry forward to complete the full minimum period of payments.
(b) Membership suspension must be applied for in writing. Suspension requests that are made with less than 2 weeks notice may still incur on fortnightly fee and will not be backdated under any circumstances.
- Breach of Terms & Conditions
Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in a suspension or termination of your membership. Money for fees already paid will not be refunded.
- If you fail to make complete payment at any given time you will be notified and given 14 days to remedy the outstanding payments. If you have not remedied the situation within 14 days, you will be suspended from attending classes until outstanding money is paid in full.
- I understand that after the minimum period, my membership will be due for renewal under the same terms specified in this contract.
- I understand that 30 days notice must be given in writing in order to cancel my membership prior to the minimum period, during which time, my fees will continue to be charged.
- I understand that I am entitled to suspend my membership for a period of 2 weeks or more at no additional cost, however, the balance of my membership will carry forward to complete the full minimum period of payments.
- Membership suspension must be applied for in advance and will not be backdated under any circumstances.
- I understand that my photograph may be taken and my name used for internal marketing purposes.
- I understand that my photograph may be used on occasion in public imaging.
- If I do not agree to the above, I will notify staff prior to the time of photographs being taken.
LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT:
- This agreement is legally binding whether my use of the facility and its services is determined and paid for on a yearly, monthly,
weekly or individual basis.
- I declare that I am physically and medically fit and capable to engage in exercise and fitness programs at myBJJ Academy. I have
and will inform myBJJ Instructors of any condition or risk that may have an affect on my ability to participate in any exercise or fitness
program prior to commencement.
- I am 18 years of age or older at the time of signing. If not, my parent / adult guardian will sign also.
- I agree to the terms written above on this form.